Friday 18 October 2013

More silence from North of the Border



A very funny version of 'Sound of Silence' has been made recently by Ellie Wilson, following her exploits in Edinburgh.  With her permission I reproduce it here:


Hello, darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because my lights have blown without warning
And Edinburgh's so dark in the morning
And the shops that sell the bulbs I need to buy
For DIY
Echo with the sound of silence.
 
When it was light, I walked alone
Slippy streets of cobblestone
At last I made it here: 'Marchmont Hardware'
To my dismay there's no one there
And this is how I came to pass the time
With a rhyme
To fill the sound of silence.
 
Replaced the bulbs; they did not work
At this point I felt like a berk
I phoned the letting agent with the news
I told them I'd already checked the fuse
So they sent a man who fixed the dimmer switch
Which was the glitch
There was an awkward silence.

You could try singing it along with this instrumental version of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment